Thursday, February 11, 2010

Just Some Thoughts. . .

Today was one of those days where Martin and I were both missing Mom and Dad. We both felt like calling them up and asking them to join us for supper. . . Chinese food would have been good. . . Dad would have ordered his double rye and coke and Mom would have opted for a virgin Caesar. Those are great memories. Missing my folks always causes me to reflect on life and its meaning. I could cry and get angry at God, but that would not benefit anyone. Instead I choose to see all the good God has done through such tragedy.
*It was Dad's passing that finally convinced Martin that we should adopt. I thank God for that! We are a content family that enjoys each other and that is priceless!
*I am becoming less of a work-a-holic, taking more time to spend with my kids, hubby and simply enjoying life.
*I am less self-centered. I want to do all I can for God and if that means sacrificing time, career,or money I am willing to do that. Pursuing my teaching career is less important every day as God gives my life new meaning. I love teaching and every time I get called in I wonder why God would give me 2 passions. I enjoy my role as a stay-at-home mom more than ever before and would love to have more kids! And yet I do not want to do both at the same time. Perhaps that is why I love Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you, not to harm you, plans for a hope and a future. . ." I don't think God means material wealth. . .I think He means a spiritual wealth. Not only for eternity but also here on earth. I need only to look at my own life, the peace and contentment I feel and know it is because of Him! I'm sooo very glad that He is with me every step of the way!
To sum it all up. . . Thank you God for loving me!