Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas Prep 2014

 
Morgun and Malia finished their school work on the 13th of December, after working extra hard to catch up after taking all of September off.  We are officially caught up!  Whew!  So thankful to be caught up so that we can relax a bit in the new year.
 
The intent was to relax and enjoy doing some crafts, baking and decorating for Christmas.  We did some of each, but not as much as we had hoped due to a crazy number of appointments the week before Christmas (I'll post on that in the next week or so).  In spite of it all, we had a blast!
 
We decorated gingerbread men...
 



 
...with the end result making me laugh! 
Morgun and Jackson's cookies looked like a pair of psycho brothers!  lol!  What's the chance that they would use the same colors for the eyes?!?



 
We decorated a gingerbread house, (which I bought on clearance last year!).  I figured my kids don't eat the gingerbread anyhow and candy can't go bad.  I stuck it in the freezer and it worked perfectly!  And it was only 25 % of the usual cost!  Aren't I just the most thrifty Mennonite ever!?!  lol!


 
 
We painted wooden Christmas magnets and even convinced Alex and Martin to join us! 
 






We also made our annual Christmas ornament.  Once again I purchased the supplies at 50%-75% off!  
 
We also decorated the kids' Christmas trees, wrapped presents, baked numerous treats, and watched far too many Christmas movies.  It was exactly what we needed!