Thursday, February 24, 2011

Raina and Malia's Room

I finally took the time to take some pictures of the girls' room (I love saying "girls' room!).  I kept forgetting, or when I did think of it I was busy with something else.  Initially we had thought we would be adopting a 3 year old and had thought the girls could share a bed and Malia's room would hardly change.  Obviously, that is not what happened and we needed a crib.  With that we needed more space.  Morgun's room was slightly larger so we switched rooms.  I did not change Malia's bedding and found matching bedding for Raina. Here is the end result.


 I found the wall decor at Graffiti Canda and love them even though the font is different in each one.
I bought this antique bed from my sister in law, who had purchased it at Martin's aunts auction many years ago (before Martin and I met).  We had this bed refinished for Malia and discovered later that it was originally used by Martin's grandparents.  Kind of cool!
 I insisted on having a rocking chair in the room (the first decent one I've ever had for my babies, but that's an entirely different story...;)  I wanted an overstuffed chair that rocked and reclined.  I had never seen one before and thought I was going to have to settle for something different.  Miraculously, I found the perfect chair at the first store I shopped! 


1 comment:

Paige said...

Love the colors you chose! That antique bed is amazing! Very sweet room that they can grow in together.