Friday, February 25, 2011

Being Canadian


There are many things that make us Canadians unique...I could list all the typical "What it means to be Canadian" things. But that gets boring...so here is my definition, at least in part, of what it means to be a TRUE Canadian.  
We awoke to temperatures of -49C (with windchill) today, with yesterday being pretty much the same.  Instead of hunkering down in front of the wood stove, we decided to make ice cream!  And oh, the fun we had!   The kids, along with cousin Brian, all helped whip up the ingredients...

 ...put ice in the ice cream maker...



.
..and then, after many hours...savoured every bite of the yummy ice cream! 




Now that is something only a TRUE Canadian would think of doing!!

PS.  I must admit I was a bit of a wimp, and had a looong soak in a hot tub afterward...I was chilled to the bone!  :)

1 comment:

Paige said...

Oh, that is way too cold! But I would agree that we Canadians are pretty tough...