Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Morgun


This kid never ceases to amaze me!  Some days he reminds me of Martin and the next he does something that I would do. I clearly remember Martin and I trying to figure out who this kid was when he was an infant...his personality is so diverse...and he still stumps us sometimes!

Morgun has an amazing sense of humor.  Recently when I was kissing Martin..(.just to bug the kids and get the usual "yucky"  or "ewww!" response), Morgun says, "Ok!  Enough of the exchanging of food!"  He's the kid that made his gingerbread house/yard very realistic by adding some chocolate chips and spots of yellow in the snow...so like his Dad!

 I came across the books Morgun is currently reading...yes, that is an old Math text book.  What kind of kid would snatch a math text destined for the garbage?!?...And "read" it regularly???  He loves solving problems from this text.  Morgun prefers to read comic books rather than chapter books, and grumbles when I make him read chapter books.  As for the Bible...it's a recent challenge from his Dad...if he reads the entire Bible he will be paid $100!!  Now that's a lot of money for a kid saving for an Ipod!...(although I do think he will have enough money for the Ipod in the next month or so.)




I smiled this spring as I watched Morgun in all our puddles.  At first it was breaking ice with his bike and now it's finding the mud with his quad (sorry, no pics of that).




I love, love, love watching his expressions, especially when he is observing how something is designed/created.


And who can help but smile when you see that grin?



But, of all the ways this kid makes me laugh and smile, it is his love for God's creatures that warms my heart the most.  He loves playing and talking with little kids...adores his sisters and is oh, so very gentle with them...(most of the time).  He is the kid that makes a bee line for Linden every time he sees him.  He is so sweet and gentle!

He has a collection of ladybugs and each one has a name.  I'm not 100%  sure why he suddenly has this keen interest in ladybugs, but based on their names and his understanding of what ladybugs represent in the adoption world I have a fairly good idea.  Their names are Joey, Luke, and Lilah.

As you know, I would love to adopt again.  In fact, I would love to adopt 2 kids at the same time!  Morgun shares my sentiment and recently decided that the only way we "could" adopt again was if the little boys name was Joey.  I have no idea where he came across that name, but he is adamant!  He loves the sound of that name!

Alex likes the name Luke, and so I have been suggesting perhaps we should adopt 2 boys...Joey and Luke...hence the ladybug named Luke.  As for the name Lilah...it is the name Morgun and Malia had picked out for Raina.



Playing with Joey...




3 comments:

Paige said...

What to even say.... I love that you want to adopt again and that your kids do too. Lilah is a great name!

I look forward to seeing where God leads you in all this.... Any chance of sask. opening to Haiti, would they consider it if you asked.

Marie said...

It is highly unlikely that we would be granted an exception. They are not processing anything through immigration at this point for Haiti...or so I'm told, so it would mean a LOT of waiting...and I'm not very patient! China is very precious to us and would seem like the natural path to take. I think Sk is one of the most difficult provinces to live in while adopting. Our Social worker in Regina does not even recommend China at this point, although I'm not sure why. However, he did say that, for us, it may be ok, because we have adopted from China before. I think he is only looking at the slow process of the Regular Program. For now I'm waiting to see where God will lead us...it may be something different than we think...

Marie said...

Kathy, I've been "chewing on" the Reece's Rainbow Kids sight for a long time. And I am TOTALLY serious about adopting again...I think it is what we are called to do...so very different than I envisioned my life!