Sunday, September 22, 2013

Two Months with Jackson

 
Two months ago I met Jackson.  This was my first glimpse of him.
 

It took him a long time to warm up to me.  The first few weeks were filled with a little boy grieving intensely.  Jackson would cry and become limp like an infant.  He refused to eat by himself and he reverted back to not being potty trained.  He cried at all hours of the night and was very sad during the day, and I could hardly get him to smile.



Upon arriving at home, it was only a matter of days before Jackson began eating on his own.  He warmed up to his daddy and siblings almost instantly.  Before long he was smiling and babbling with them.  However, he still wasn't too sure about me.  


Jackson is finally beginning to trust me.  This past week I headed out on my own for a bit, and the girls gave me hug as they always do.  Jackson followed, arms wide, wanting a hug too.  Ahhh!  Warms my heart!  He is beginning to giggle when I tickle him or do other goofy things.
 
Jackson had his first haircut a few weeks ago and was a perfect angel!


Jackson loves being outside and will play on his bike, in the sandbox, or watch the fish for hours at a time.  Jackson loves to push the limits.  When told "no", he will intentionally do the inappropriate behaviour over and over again.  If we say "no" too harshly, his eyes get really big and he sniffles, usually not crying, but very sad and hurt.
 


Jackson and Raina have a special bond.  They play together a lot.  But mostly they get into mischief!  It may be jumping on the couch, throwing tomatoes in the entrance, making their sipper cups drip water all over the floor, taking all the toys and dumping them all over the play room, or wandering around looking to make a mess somewhere.
 



Jackson loves riding his trike and learned how to peddle very quickly.
 


When he's not on his trike he can often be found with a larger bike, walking it around...and dreaming of being big enough to ride it. :)


3 comments:

Chantel said...

<3 I love the expression in his haircut photo and the mischievousness of the one with him and Raina.

Kathy said...

I too love the one of him and Raina...you can see the bond. LOVE IT!
Can't wait to meet him.

Patrick and Christina said...

Loved the post and that mischief between the siblings sounds very familiar! :) Glad to see you are doing well. It took a long time for Samuel to show signs of missing me when I was gone (7 months) and now he is a real Mama's boy. If he looking for hugs it is such a good sign!