Thursday, September 26, 2013

Tree Fort

 
I figured I best post these pics before the snow flies!  lol.  I've been meaning to post them and keep forgetting. Too much to do.  Too little time.
 
 At least it's not a cell phone I'm forgetting about!  Oh my word!  You will not believe it!  This past weekend I grabbed my cell phone to snap a picture of Jackson playing outside.  While waiting for the cell to pick up a signal, I decided to grab the garbage by the door and toss it into the garbage can.  I got to the garbage can and realized it was overflowing.  Being the "do as much as I can, as fast as I can" kinda gal, I grabbed the matches, stuck them in my pocket, filled both hands with garbage and headed to the burning barrel and promptly dumped everything in...including the cell phone I was still holding in my hand!  Yes, I did light the fire, completely forgetting about my phone until after I had put the matches back where they belonged.  I have no idea why I thought to put the matches in my pocket and not my cell...dumb!!!  It took about 15 minutes before I realized where the phone must be...yup!  Too late!
 
See here's the thing...I've had this phone for almost 2 years and h.a.t.e.d. it at first.  Martin thought he was buying me a VERY thoughtful and lovely gift when he purchased it.  I, on the other hand, was m.a.d.!!  I could not believe that he would spend money so foolishly when I already had a cell phone that worked perfectly fine, thank you!!  Well...eventually I fell in love with that phone and forgave Martin for spending the money.  I realized my phone was a pretty sweet thing to have.  Now I'm back to the phone that "worked perfectly fine, thank you!!"...and I HATE it!  It is so ssssssllllllooooowwwww!!  Oh well!  Lesson learned! 
 
Anyhow....back to the pictures of the boys' tree fort.  Alex and Morgun have been working on this fort for a few years and it gets improved upon all the time.  I love seeing them be creative and use their hammers and saws.  It takes quite the determination to saw those boards with a handsaw.  So proud of my boys!
 
 
 





No comments: