Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Morgun's 12th Birthday!

 
I'm super late in posting Morgun's birthday.  It's been super crazy around here for the past few weeks.  I was sick for 5+ weeks and then my mother-in-law was admitted to the hospital, followed a few days later by my brother-in-law, Ruben.  Mom P. is now at home, and Ruben will be having open heart surgery tomorrow to replace a valve.  Needless to say our lives have been stress filled and busy!
 
I still wasn't feeling well when we celebrated Morgun's birthday, but decided to wing it anyhow.  I'm soooooo glad I did!  Morgun invited 5 of his friends for supper and a sleepover.  Thankfully, he wanted the same theme and cake as Alex had.  It sure made things easier!  Can you tell I was really beginning to feel gross by the time I did the lettering?  lol!
 


I wasn't going to post any pics of the kids that were here...not sure how the parents would feel.  However, when I saw this one, I couldn't resist!  Hilarious!!


 
 
 

We didn't do any shooting, but still had a frog eating contest.
 


 
 
The boys also spent a LOT of time outside, sledding down the river bank...a very steep river bank!
 
 
 
 

 
I know it's cliché, but wow!  Time does fly!  I can not believe that the little 6 lbs 15 oz little boy is now 12!!  In some ways he still seems like a little boy, but it is becoming more and more apparent that he is a young man. 
 
Morgun is an amazing kid!  He is kind and gentle.  Almost daily I find him going out of his way to do something nice for someone.  He loves reading to his younger siblings and he loves surprising me by folding the laundry and putting it away.  When buying a gift he spends huge amounts of time trying to figure out what to buy.  His is incredibly thoughtful.  He loves hugs...loooong hugs!...and so do I!!
 
Morgun enjoys his school work and is becoming more responsible and self motivated.  He is smart.  His favorite subject is Math.  He is enjoying reading more than ever before.  He does amazingly well at Tae Kwon Do and is a natural born leader.  He loves playing basketball and plays his heart out at each and every game, even when he's struggling to catch his breath due to his asthma.  He is cheerful and always has a gentle smile for us.  He loves his siblings and is constantly making sure they are OK, especially when we're shopping.  He loves carrying the littlest two and caring for them.  He makes this mama proud!  :)





1 comment:

Kathy said...

Happy Belated Birthday Morgun!...I guess I should be saying Happy Birthday to Raina.
love the picture of all the boys...may be chuckle. :)
looks like the boys had a fun time...I still have a hard time believing that its so cold out there and that you actually have snow already.