Monday, October 12, 2015

Our Newest Family Member!

 

It's Thanksgiving Day here in Canada and I can't think of a better day to make our big announcement!
Yes, we have a big announcement! 
We are adopting again!
From China!
I'm honestly a bit terrified and completely excited as we begin a journey that is mostly new to us. Yes, we've adopted from China before, but this time around it's a whole new ball game!



I won't share the entire story today.  Rather, I'd like to focus on introducing our newest DAUGHTER!!
 
 
Her name is Wren (Yuan is the Chinese spelling).  She turned 11 years old this past August.  She is stunningly gorgeous!  And we're head over heals in love with her already!  Wren has Cerebral Palsy; but her biggest need right now is to be home with her family!

We are working hard to bring her home asap!  Eleven years without a forever family is long enough!  We would sure appreciate your prayers...prayers for everything to fall into place quickly, that we can travel sooner rather than later, but mostly for our precious Wren...that she would be protected, loved, and at peace with the reality of leaving behind everything she has ever known.   
 

 
I know some of you are concerned that we are biting off more than we can chew.  You know how very sick I was last fall. You know that our life is very crazy, and busy.  And a few of you know our shortcomings and our weaknesses.  We have taken ALL of these things into account in making this decision...and have concluded that it is more important to listen to the ONE who calms the seas and turns the universe, than to look at all the reasons to say no!  Our story to Wren is truly amazing!  It is a story that only God himself could have written!
 
And yes, I will be sharing more of that story soon!  It's so incredible it actually sends shivers up my spine!
 
 

2 comments:

S. J. Loewen said...

I'm so excited for you!! She is beautiful, and you are such a wonderful family for her. I know God has great plans for all of you through this. I will be praying!

Marie said...

Thanks so much!