Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It's All About Him!!!!

The past months have been a real time of growth for me. As I've mentioned earlier, I wonder daily what God wants my life to look like. I have been reminded again, in a much deeper way, that it is all about God! Not about me! It's not what my life should look like, but rather who He is! I've always known God wants me to give everything to Him. . . to not worry. He desires peace and joy in my life! For me, to know and to do are two different things. To know is sooo much easier! I still feel led to adopt, but I can now say that adoption is in His hands. I sometimes have to give it all back to Him on a daily basis, but is so awesome to know it's all in His control!

I've always loved to read and used to be an avid reader, but in the past few years, I've been reading less and less. Thanks to Paige, I've been inspired to read again. One of the books I picked to read is It's All About Him written by Denise Jackson. The book came with a CD with a song written and sang by Alan Jackson also entitled It's All About Him. Country music is one of the genres I enjoy, so this song spoke to me. I also just finished the Breaking Free bible study by Beth Moore. It may sound odd, but I was being held in bondage by my passion to adopt again. I believe the passion is God given, but somehow it tends to get in the way of my focusing on God. I love Isaiah 58:11 "The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen you frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail."

1 comment:

Paige said...

Great post Marie! I am reminded of this daily as well, and as we go through another time of waiting... I am constantly reminded "Be Still.... Be Still..." and I know it is "Be still and know that I am God". How powerful is that? How peaceful? I am not sure where this has led you... to wait... to go ahead... I will be excited to hear the plans he has for you and your family!