Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Garden Harvest

We have been working at cleaning out our garden and it became a family project.  We managed to remove all produce except for my carrots...I am waiting for one more frost.

Malia and Raina helped with the onions...




...while the boys washed potatoes.  They were not the least bit impressed and it shows!  :)


Martin dug out ALL of my potatoes!  I was thrilled!  That has never happened before, as I usually harvest all the garden produce by myself, but my back is once again bugging me. :(
He also removed all the corn stalks with the tractor which made it a lot easier!  Do you remember me complaining about my old Massey tractor last year?  It has been replaced with this "new to us" Kobota...and she's a dandy!!  She even has a loader...so handy!  ( Oh, I'm rhyming!! Ha! Ha!)  But best of all...no more kicking the tires and yelling at it to get it started!  LOL!  Gotta love that!


The girls played in the sandbox with Raina deciding to remove her shoes...uggg!



And I got to drive the quad and pick up and haul all the produce to be washed and stored.  I think I got the best job!

1 comment:

Paige said...

That is great that it is made into a whole family affair... it would be great to have this stored up for winter!