Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Morgun's 10th Birthday



Morgun celebrated his 10th birthday on Sunday...wow!  We're into double digits! Morgun is maturing rapidly and decided, like Alex to have a simpler cake.  Yah!  Once again, not nearly as labor intensive!  However, he did throw me for a bit of a loop when he requested a Coffee Crisp Cake.  When I asked Morgun how I should make it, he had it all figured out..."take a few Coffee Crisp bars, chop them up and add to cake mix and cover with chocolate icing".  I did find a few recipes on line and came up with my own version.  I simply added lots of instant coffee grounds(1 heaping TBSP) and cappacino mix ( 2+ heaping TBSP)to the water called for in a chocolate fudge cake mix.  When the cakes were cooled I sliced each round cake into halves to make 4 layers.  I then whipped some cream, added a little sugar and icing sugar, and 2 chopped Coffee Crisp bars and spread the mixture between each layer.  I then spread more whipped cream (chocolate) on top and added 1/2 a chopped Coffee Crisp bar to the center.  Yummy!

Morgun is an amazing kid...very resilient.  He takes things in stride and loves to give hugs!  He is friendly and fun loving!  He makes me laugh!  I am so very proud to be his Mom!

However, I do worry at times.  Morgun is also easily influenced and I fear he will make bad choices.  For the most part though, he is wise...especially with the good influence of his older brother who happens to have the gift of discernment.  (It is rather intriguing to see how our boys compliment each others personalities...)

Morgun LOVES  Tae Kwon Do and excels at it, getting better marks than Alex and I.  He moves confidently and quickly and has an incredibly high kick.  Morgun chose this over hockey this year and I think he made a very wise choice! And I'm not saying that because I hate the contact and all the driving involved in hockey.  He truly has found a sport that fits him perfectly! 



Morgun trying to figure out what we bought him....

2 comments:

Paige said...

He sounds alot like my 10 year old...

That cake sounds really good... I may have to try it out.

Marie said...

Didn't mean to keep you guessing Kathy...he got a CD player for in his room.