Thursday, December 1, 2011

Tae Kwon Do Tournament


I've been meaning to share how our boys did at their first Tae Kwon Do Tournament.  Both boys amazed me!

Alex doing his Saju Makgi pattern.  This boy completely amazed me!  I have seen him working on his patterns many times and never before has he performed as well as he did at the tournament.  I couldn't have been prouder!



Alex's hard effort earned him a silver!


When I saw the kids Alex was competing against in sparring, I did not think he would do very well...almost all of the kids were tall, tall, tall!    However, Alex wasn't fazed in the least!  (That's my boy!!:)  He did a lot of jumping punches and managed to get points that way.


Look at that height in his jump! 


Alex looking pretty tiny.


Believe it or not, he won GOLD!!!



Morgun is always very crisp and precise in his patterns and I really thought he did very well.



However, the judges didn't think he did as well as I thought he did.  But he still got bronze!  Morgun was not at all disappointed and shone as though he had won gold!


I am always amazed when I watch Morgun spar.  He has an incredible high kick and great form!



He won all of his matches...


..too win GOLD!

2 comments:

Paige said...

Congratulations to your boys!

It is always fun to watch them succeed when they have worked so hard.

Did you and your husband participate?

Marie said...

Paige, unfortunately, we didn't particiate...I was too much of a chicken and Martin was hunting. I'm not a big fan of sparring, although as I get better at it I am enjoying it more. And I don't like to be the center of attention, that's why I normally play team sports...maybe next time...