Thursday, July 18, 2013

China Trip 2013

Tomorrow is the big day I've been waiting for.  I've been waiting for a very long time...at least that's what it feels like!  It's really not been that long, I'm simply very impatient when it comes to bringing my child home. 
 
I am leaving with mixed emotions.  Excited to be on my way to meet Jackson.  Thrilled to be on the last stretch in bringing Jackson home.  My heart is doing all kinds of jumping jacks that result in huge grins on my face.  At the same time I'm terrified.  Terrified of all the "what ifs".  Terrified of nights alone.  Worried about how the kids will do...how Martin will be able to handle all the kids, yard work, picking and processing fresh veggies, and still trying to do some work.  He says he'll be fine...I'm not so sure.  After all, I know what it's like to look after my monsters day in and day out and try to do all the summer work!  lol!
 
Whatever the case may be...the countdown is on...15 days and I will be back at home!  :)  Can't wait for August 1!
 
I will try to blog while I'm gone, but it's not something I'm going to stress over.  Meeting the needs of my boy will be my priority...and making sure I don't lose my mind!  ;)  I'm hoping to be able to Skype with Martin and the kids and have everything set up on my phone and computer, but as is always the case...at some point my computer does wonky things, as it did earlier today.  So hopefully all the kinks have been worked out and everything will be fine.  Could you pray that everything will work out with my computer.  That I will be able to access all that I want to access.  Thanks!
 
We have been able to feel your prayers this past week.  It was a week where our home was amazingly calm and the kids handled everything very well.  We thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
 
And for those of you looking for more specific ways to pray...
 
Safety...at home and with my flights and in China
Peace...for all of us
Grieving, bonding, adjusting for Jackson
That time will pass quickly
That my anxious kiddos will have complete peace now and once we arrive home
That I do not forget any important documents
That we will all have fun
And most importantly...that in everything we do, we will feel God's presence in a tangible way and that He will be glorified!!  :)
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Paige said...

Thinking of you and praying for you! Enjoy every moment of this process... It should be a great two weeks of bonding just the two of you. I will be stalking your blog!

Patrick and Christina said...

Praying for you and that beautiful little boy. E

njoy the opportunity to bond with Jackson without interruption. Have an amazing trip!