Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

 
I'm a day late...again...on posting for Thanksgiving Day!  Our day turned out a lot different than I had envisioned.  I was looking forward to a day of relaxation and family time.  We did get both, but not in the way I had planned.  We headed to Yorkton, about a 4 hour drive, to look at a vehicle and came home with a 2006 Suburban.  Hopefully this vehicle will be a  good purchase.  It should fit us and all our stuff for our trip to BC for Andrew and Lu's wedding.  Yah!  Our Tahoe has been having issues for over a year and our mechanic can not figure out what is wrong.  The Tahoe looses power at any given time.   The motor runs, but there is no power to drive.   We pull over, flashers on, turn off the engine, wait a few minutes and start the engine again and go.  Sometimes we can drive hundreds of kilometres and the next day we can only drive 2 kms.  I lost count of how many times this happened yesterday.  I'm guessing well over 30 times.  I'm hoping and praying we can fix this and sell the vehicle.  In the mean time it will be wonderful to have a vehicle that works well.
 
Anyhow...on to Thanksgiving.  I am finding the older I get and the more I learn, the more I love Thanksgiving.  It is the one celebration that does not involve extra purchases, (other than some specialty foods perhaps) such as Christmas and Easter.  I love that we take the time to really focus on all of our blessings.  This year was especially meaningful.  I've been taking the time to write down what I am grateful for on an almost daily basis.  It is a challenge some days and I'm ok with that.  I hate forcing something, however, the more I consciously acknowledge all I am blessed with, the more grateful I am.  Here are some of the things I have written in my "Thankfulness Journal"...
 
238) Early morning mist.
246) Soft cuddles from Jackson.
251) Smell of harvest in the air.
258) Joy on Malia's face at a job well done.
268) Glow in new mama's eyes.
270) Me having a melt down.  (Sounds odd, but it's good to know GOD is in control)
274) Alex willingness to do chores.
297) Freezer meals.
307) Bright fall colors
323) Gentle back rubs from Raina
351) Short dates with Martin
 
Most of all, I am thankful for a God that offers grace, forgiveness, and mercy each and every day; and for my lovely family who make me laugh every day! :) 
 


1 comment:

Patrick and Christina said...

That is a GREAT family picture!

So much to be thankful for this year and I love how you count all those little things that sometimes get missed in the rush of life!

Happy belated Thanksgiving from our family to yours.
p.s. When Jackson is ready we should schedule a playdate. We can even come out to you (esp afternoons).

Blessings!