Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Jackson's 4th Birthday!!

 
 Jackson turned 4 this past weekend!  I can not believe that my baby is 4!  It really is true that time flies!  I'm hanging on for dear life trying to soak up as much as I can!

Jackson once again wanted a race car cake.  I was happy to oblige!  It was a simple cake.  Well, sort of!  I decided to use my "grass" decorating tip.  It worked well for the first while, until my icing made of whipping cream and a bit of icing sugar, began to melt!  It really didn't matter to Jackson!  He sat and stared at the cake for ages!  Mostly with a grin on his face!
 
 
We kept the celebration a simple affair and only invited one other couple to join us.  Jackson does not like being the center of attention and he became rather sad and nervous...




...and started picking at his fingers.  He's always been shy, but not to this point.  I hope it's simply a short phase he's going through!
 

 
Jackson wakes up every morning singing.  Usually he's singing, "Bless the Lord oh my soul, Oh, my soul." He is convinced that the song actually belongs to him!
 
Jackson loves his scooter, bike, cars, jumping, climbing and being outside.  Every day he begs and begs to go outside.  He would spend all day outside if he could! 
He loves watching the boys play racing games. He admires his big brothers greatly.  They are his heros!
 
Jackson enjoys coloring and has recently begun to show interest in writing letters.  Especially the letter "J".  He knows how to write several letters, although I'm not too sure that he actually knows the name of each.  It's more of copying what Raina does.  So lots of "R"s and "a's.
 
Jackson loves to cuddle and prefers to be around his family.  He loves to be near me and has recently begun to come to me and lean in, with his huge, dimpled grin.  Melts my heart every single time!! 
 
Jackson's favourite word is "Mama"! It is repeated, repeated, repeated, repeated, repeated, repeated, and...well you get the picture!  lol!  He loves to talk.  It makes him feel important and part of our conversation.  So, he's known to be a bit of an interrupter!  We're working on that!
 
Jackson is once again sleeping better at night.  We began doubling up his sleeper, and put a heater into his room, leaving it on for an hour or two to warm up the room seeing as the heat is rarely on now a days so the house can get a bit chilly.  I have no idea what's up with all of this, but I have a feeling that being cold brings back some bad memories.  And having mama come tuck him in at night is perhaps just the reassurance he needs.
 
I can't help but smile when I think of my sweet little baby!


1 comment:

Chantel said...

Happy Birthday to Jackson!! How is he 4 already?! He's such a sweetheart. And your cake turned out just great!!