Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Best Mother's Day Ever!

 
So it's been over a week since Mother's Day, but I simply have to post because it seriously was the BEST MOTHER'S DAY EVER!!!!

It started with Martin taking the kids shopping.  They picked 4 dozen roses!  I LOVE, LOVE roses!  These roses lasted a really long time and every time I looked at them, I couldn't help but smile!



Then we invited Martin's mom over for supper on Saturday.  It was nice to see her enjoy her time away from the Assisted Living Seniors Home she now lives in.  Dad is in the same nursing home, but it wasn't possible to take him out for the evening.  His health has deteriorated too much. 

The kids and I made chocolate dipped flowers for Grandma.
 
 
And a bouquet of coffee filter flowers for Grandma.


 
Sunday morning the kids (and Martin) made me breakfast.  I had to sneak back into bed so I could officially be served breakfast in bed!  :)  I got my favourites...strawberries, toast, and mocha!  Just the way I like it!
 




Morgun and Martin made this need pallet wood herb box for me. I love it!!  In fact I've asked Morgun to build me a few more!
 
Alex went all out and bought me my favourite chips, chocolate bar and a $15 Starbucks card!  I was honestly blown away!  Alex has a job and is saving for a car and college.  To spend such a huge amount on me...well, it melted my heart and made me grin from ear to ear...cause we've worked hard to teach our kids to be generous!  I tried to tell him that he had spent way too much.  His reply..."No Mom, you deserve it!"  and then with a grin on his face, "after all, you gave birth to me!!!"
 
 


 


So, as I said it really was the very best Mother's Day Ever!   Not only because I got some spectacular gifts, but more so because my kids were literally glowing and excited to let me know how much they love and appreciate me!  Now that may sound sort of self centered, but it really isn't, cause my joy came more from how my kids are becoming more and more giving, loving, thoughtful, and generous!  There really is not greater joy than knowing that my kids are walking in HIS truth!


No comments: