Wednesday, January 20, 2010

6 Months!!

It's hard to believe that it's only been 6 months since Malia Yongjun Faith joined our family! What a blessing she is to us! I remember being so very excited to see her, and almost in tears. I was crying on the inside, but stubborn me, didn't show it. I remember how incredibly sad she looked. I knew she was crying on the inside, just like I was, but for a very different reason. I pray that in the years ahead she will be able to handle all the upheaval in her life with grace, forgiveness, and dignity.In the first few weeks Malia had many tantrums. Amazingly, Martin and I were both able to take it in stride, not getting stressed about it. For those of you who know us well, you know that is a God thing! Malia continues to love dresses and pretty things! Many people have mentioned that it must be sooo nice to finally have a girl. I never thought I needed a girl, and yet now I'm so very thankful to have a little sweetheart like Malia! It is very special to be able to buy all the cute, adorable little dresses, tights, shoes, and hair pieces. Although finding hairpieces that actually stay in Malia's hair is difficult.




Our beautiful children!!




Our little princess now! There is a light in her eyes that was not there at first! Thank you God!!!!





Precious!!!! Indeed "my cup runneth over!!!"




I love Malia's little hands. They are so vulnerable and hold so much potential!











1 comment:

Paige said...

Congratulation on six month! She has come a long way.... it is hard to look back on those first pictures and the the vacancy in their eyes as they deal with the trauma, but to see how far they have come in just a few months is amazing!

Lilah has such fine hair, that I always have to use those very tiny tight elastics first and then put in the barrette or bow.