Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Miracles!!!!

Miracles do happen! I began making phone calls in regards to Malia's toothache on Monday. I called my dentist and then Pediatric Dentistry at RUH. I was told there was a possibility of a cancellation the next day and that we would know around 1pm. I managed to get an app't with a doctor in my Dr's office for 5pm on Monday, so that the pre-op form could be filled out. 1 o'clock came and went with no call. I finally called the office just before it closed at 3pm and did not get an answer. I assumed we would not get in on Tuesday and felt like cancelling the pre-op app't because it meant I would have to miss Morgun's piano lesson. I decided to keep the app't just in case something came up in the next week of so. At 8 am Tuesday morning we got a call saying there had been a cancellation! Thank-you God!!! Malia and I were in town by 9am and by 11:15 she was on her way to surgery. I was worried! I didn't think Malia would do well if I wasn't at her side as they put her to sleep. As it turned out the anesthesiologist was Asian (which Malia liked), the nurse, Bev was absolutely wonderful, singing Old McDonald with Malia the whole time. The anesthesiologist commented that he had not thought there were that many animals on the farm!


Malia was terrified to get changed into hopital clothes. Her expression says it all!

Ready to go on her own! She was very brave! She did like the wagon ride and in part it is what convinced her it was OK to leave Mama.




Later that afternoon, finally having a few cheerioes! Still very drowsy.



Ready to go home, but oh soooo very tired! It was difficult carrying her to the vehicle. She was very limp and sleepy. I didn't realize she could weigh that much!



Later that night. Still wanting to cuddle with Mama, dozing on and off.




Today Malia was rather emotional for the first hour or so and then settled in to her normal self, singing for the better part of the day, even though her mouth was still uncomfortable. She has a very high tolerance for pain! Martin and I decided she definitely takes after her Mama! ;)

Thank-you all for praying!





2 comments:

Marie said...

I forgot to mention, Malia had 3 teeth pulled, 7 capped and 3 filled. She sure is a tough little one!

Paige said...

That is a lot of work! But I am glad she is feeling better and didn't have to wait so long!!! What an great opportunity for more cuddles and quiet time. She is one strong little girl.