Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas and all its Wonders!

This is a long post with lots of pictures (Just for my special siblings who I don't get to see often enough). December began fairly slowly, but picked up speed as the month passed. Here are some of the events that we enjoyed!

Osler School's Christmas Concert definitely caught Malia's attention. It was fascinating watching her.

Alex actually sang at the concert rather than just mouthing the words. Its amazing what an awesome music director can do!! Thanks to Pat B!

I always enjoy watching Morgun sing! He has so much expression in his face!



We made sugar cookies one day and the kids helped me decorate them. Each of the kids decorated their own little person. Malia was the first to include eyes and a mouth.



Every year we celebrate with our good friends Ruth and Wayne and their kids. Malia has taken a liking to Jaidyn and loves to play with her. Ruth gave Malia an outfit that matches one that Jaidyn has. Malia thought that was pretty cool.



Malia enjoyed playing with the boxes and the foot spa! Gotcha!



On the 24th the kids exchanged the gifts they bought for each other. I think Alex and Morgun were more excited to be giving a gift to Malia than they were to get their gifts!




Brothers! So sweet to see them get along!





Morgun gave me a very nice candle, which was rather amusing. Not because of the candle, but rather because of how he managed to get it! I had bought the candle for a ladies gift exchange at church, bought something else with the intent of returning the candle. On the day I went to return the candle I couldn't find it. I thought I must have misplaced it, or put it in my messy craft room. I didn't think too much of it, thinking that if I ended up keeping it that would be fine. Well, wouldn't you know, Morgun gave me the candle Christmas Eve! Needless to say I laughed! The little "thief" took it when he realized I wasn't going to use it for the ladies gift exchange. He tried to convince Alex to take part, but Alex, being the conscientious boy that he is, refused! He thought he would get into "big trouble!" Definitely a memorable gift! I love these moments!!!



Malia with her new pots and pans. Lots of very intense playing!




Alex and Morgun at our church's Christmas Concert. No, being goofy was not part of Morgun's role. The both dressed up as chefs and sang in the choir.



The week before the concert Malia kept saying she wanted to sing at church. Her age group was not a part of the concert so there was really no way of allowing her to sing, or so I thought. Malia kept begging, becoming upset when we told her "no". Half way through the concert I finally asked if Malia would be allowed to sing and the answer was "sure!" I had no idea what Malia would sing, but she wowed the crowd with "Sing, Sing, Sing"!


Malia loves to "perform" and will do so at every opportunity whether its at home or at some one's house.


Christmas morning! As I mentioned earlier, not too many smiles, just some very intense playing!

Alex and Morgun with some of their lego. I'm sooooo glad they are still so easy to please!




Martin and the kids. All the kids have the tendency to hoover around whoever happens to be opening a gift!



My family gathering was on the 26th, and for the first time ever it was in a hall. I think homes make for a much more personal gathering, but it's also inevitable that this will likely be the norm from now on. It is at times like this that I really miss Mom and Dad! There were 48 people at the gathering, and yes that is only my immediate family, in laws, nieces and nephews!

We exchanged gifts and Morgun had Malia, much too his enjoyment!



Morgun and his best friend and cousin Levi.


Alex opening his gift! I do NOT like the background. . . stacks of chairs! Yuck!!!


As a family we have tried to carry on some of the traditions Mom and Dad started. One of them is giving each kid a bag of chips and pop. Malia was thrilled! She has never been allowed to eat that many chips at one time before! After she had eaten every single crumb she kept peering back into the bag just to make sure she hadn't missed any! Very cute!






















1 comment:

Paige said...

What great family time and so many special memories. I love the picture of you opening your candle! Looks like many special moments!