Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Update on Raina

We sent a care package to Raina consisting of the following items.  We also got some more information.  We now know that Raina is in GuiYang city, something that was not in our documents.   We also know that the SWI is willing to cooperate and send us updates (something the SWI in Beijing is know to not do).



I was very excited to also get a photo. . .until I saw it was only of Raina's feet!  Argh!  I love little feet, but what I really wanted at this point was an updated photo!



We also received an update on her measurements.  I'm not sure if these numbers are accurate, but they appear to be within an acceptable range.  (When we got an update on Malia's measurements they were not accurate at all.  I went with my gut feeling and bought clothes accordingly, and they fit her perfectly!)


Raina is 72cm's tall.


Weight:8.4KG.

feet length :11.5cm.

chest 47cm

head:44cm

teeth: 3(up)3(down)

We were also told that the director was wanting to schedule surgery for Raina and would like our input.  I would prefer to have the surgery done in Canada.  I can't stand the thought of Raina having surgery without us being there to comfort her and to ensure that her needs are met.

1 comment:

Paige said...

I would agree about the surgery thing! I wish they had sent an updated photo of her face as well... it would be great to see how much she has changed. Great that they are willing to stay in touch though and send updates. Hopefully, things won't take too long though and you can just go get her!