Friday, December 31, 2010

Wollf Christmas Gathering

We celebrated Christmas with my family on the 27th.  It was the best Christmas we have had in a long time.  For the most part, we all seem to be past the intense pain of losing Mom and Dad.  The emptiness is no longer quite as empty.   We are settling into a new normal and that is good! 
It is still hard to believe that Dad has been gone for 4 1/2 years and Mom for 3 years.  There are still times when I want to share something with Mom...and then realize that is not possible.  I really missed Mom in the first weeks after we adopted Raina...I know she would have fallen head over heals in love with her!

We met at Dave and Jean's...one of the few homes large enough to host all 49 of us.  I wish the other 12 family members could have been there as well! 

The "older" nieces and nephews.  Each age group has their own Christmas box.  That makes for 4 seperate groups! 

As an aside.....I've been thinking it is rather odd that 3 of my children are the youngest in the Wollf clan.  That has NEVER happened before...someone was having a baby before any couple could have 2 kids that were the youngest in the clan!  Makes me think it is about time that SOMEONE should have a baby or adopt...hint, hint Ben & Alison and Kathy & Mark!  ;)






 Malia "playing" piano.  She thought she needed to play because many of the other kids played a piece.  She is not taking piano lessons, but played a very pretty "piece", turning the pages and enjoying herself.  I'm not sure how long she would have played had we not finally clapped.




Raina, all tuckered out after a long day!



I am VERY thankful for my family.  They have been incredibly supportive...praying, bringing meals, baking, and showing their support in words as well!

No comments: