Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hockey

I became a hockey mom this year.  It was something I always said I would NOT be...too time consuming, too expensive, AND I do not like the body contact at all...but my reasoning and logic evaporated when Morgun, with his big "Puss n' Boots" eyes begged to play.  He played first year Atom and spent the first few practices and games on his butt.  At one point he was almost in tears after a particularly nasty fall, but concluded "what good would that do!?!", and continued to play.  Morgun is very tenacious and it has paid off.  At the first tournament Morgun won the Hustler award.  It is awarded to the player that plays the hardest and has the best attitude.  Along with the award he was able to pick out his favorite team banner.  Morgun scored 3 goals...one he says was a lucky one...I disagree...the boy knows his position and plays it amazingly well and never gives up!  His team won the bronze in league playoffs...and I couldn't be a prouder hockey mom!




1 comment:

Paige said...

Looks like a great decision to let him play. I don't blame you for not wanting to be a hockey mom, my boys beg to play too and we have always said no.