Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring

Wow!  What an unusual day!  The power was off for about 7 hours and we have freezing rain and thunder and lightning.  Our local schools closed down shortly after lunch and our boys headed to their in-town billet for a bit until they got in touch with us (our phone was not working).  We've been keeping warm by using our wood stove. Thank God it's not super cold out...only about -8 with the windchill.   I thought I would be cooking on the stove as well, but around 5:30pm the power came back on...just in time! 

Spring appears to be here...for good I hope!  We have been enjoying every possible moment outdoors.  I took the girls out one morning to break some ice.  I remember it being one of my favorite things to do as a kid...trying to stand on the ice without it breaking and having it slowly sag under my body weight and then the pure joy of stomping on it to crack it!  Malia has never done this before and the next 3 pictures tell the story...first a "Look Mom!  We could skate on this!"...


...to "Oh! Oh!" 


...to a look of shear dismay!  Malia seriously thought she had done something bad by breaking the ice.  After I reassured her that was indeed the intent, she had a blast!


Raina held on to my hand for dear life and was happy as long as she could do that.


But, cried when she fell...I'm such a horrible mother...couldn't resist taking some pictures before I helped her!  ;p

And who can resist finding the biggest piece of ice and breaking it over a rock?!?


Eventually Raina found a puddle that suited her more...and couldn't resist touching it!  :)


I LOVE spring!  It is so full of life and one can not help but become energized...and smile!...I think my girls have something to do with me smiling...LOVE my life!!!

1 comment:

Paige said...

I love spring too... time for renewal! Sounds like you had a very strange storm, while other parts of the country are at 26! Crazy!