Thursday, September 27, 2012

This 'n That

 
Thank you to all who have been praying for us!  The past few weeks continue to be filled with difficult moments, but we are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
 
Alex and I have settled into somewhat of a routine for school.  I finally have all the supplies/resources I need to teach until Christmas.  It has been a huge weight off my shoulders!  Staff at Osler School have been incredibly supportive...copying necessary papers, sending me their year plan, and offering any support we need.  I am trying to complete the same assignments/concepts being taught at school so that if Alex does return to school after Christmas he will be right where he should be academically.   We have seen huge improvements already in regards to behaviours/attitudes that needed to be addressed, and quite frankly if that is all we accomplish, we will be happy.  I so desire for all my kids to be confident and happy.
 
I struggle with not having much time to myself.  Time to think, organize and process.  I've been overwhelmed this past week.  Martin has been working late a lot and some days I literally want to run away...escape in some manner.  Still so much yard work to do before freeze up.  My body aches.  I've been pruning trees...something that has been neglected for too long...and the chain saw doesn't like me!  Boy, can that thing feel heavy after a while! 
 
Tomorrow is a "me" day.  Martin is taking the day off of work so that I can have a day to myself...I can hardly wait!  Look out Starbucks!  A good part of my day will be spent running errands in town, but at least I can do them without constantly looking at the time, making sure everyone else's needs are met.
 
Recently we were knocked off our feet by special friends of ours.  They presented us with money to go towards our adoption.  It was not only the amount that made our eyes pop, but also...and probably most importantly...knowing that someone supports us...understands the financial stress we are under at the moment.  To know that someone has put our needs above their own is nothing short of honorable and amazing!  "Thank you" can never fully express our gratitude and appreciation.  Thank you again!...you know who you are!
 
It is these acts of kindness that puts wind beneath our wings...that gives us motivation to hold our heads high and keep going.
 
On a totally different note...
 
Here are the pics from our day at the lake.  Malia and Raina were very enthusiastic to go tubing and were all smiles at the start.
 
 


 I kept asking if they were ok...if they were having fun...and they kept saying yes.  They're expressions say otherwise!  Must have been a terrified thrill for them!  lol!
 
 




 
 
I had to post these pics.  If you were to ask Morgun what his favorite part of summer was, he would include helping Dad with the steps.  He had a blast helping Martin place the temporary steps...waiting for the ground to settle... in preparation for a family gathering.  I love the intensity with which this boy works!  :0









2 comments:

Kathy said...

Poor girls...hope they still want to go tubing next time you go;)

Love seeing my kiddos work with their dad, nothing quite like it.

as for running away, I totally hear you...I think we're in the same boat different ocean??:)
So thankful that you guys have gotten some financial support as well as moral support...so important in our lives.

Love what you guys are doing and so proud of you for sticking it out even through the hard times.

Kathy

Paige said...

We all need a day off now and then, especially when life gets stressful. Hope you had a great day!

It is awesome and powerful when people step forward and help with an adoption!