Saturday, August 10, 2013

Short Update

This update is long overdue and I apologize to those that have worried and wondered where I was and how we were fairing.  We arrived home safe and sound, with only an hour delay leaving Beijing, although our wonderful pilot made up time in the air.  Jackson slept for about 3 hours on our flight home and I managed to take several naps.  I think I was sleep walking during my layover in Vancouver!  Honestly!  I really had to focus on what I was doing, and even had airport security flag me for a more thorough search.  I think I must have looked like I was high!  lol!

Jackson loves his Daddy and siblings and is adjusting well.  He still cries a lot at night...sometimes for hours, dosing a bit in between.  I'm exhausted, but doing well...considering the lack of sleep, etc.  The other kids are doing well too...I will post more at a later date.

My wonderful friend Chantal generously took pictures of our home coming and I promise to post them asap.  Since arriving home I have been fighting a nasty stomach bug which leaves me nauseated and wanting to eat little, although the last few days have been better.  I'm sure by Monday I will be 100%.  Life has been crazy busy, with picking peas, beans, and raspberries.  The peas are about done and the beans are slowing down with producing so next week should be a bit less busy...but then it's on to catching up on weeding the trees and flowerbeds.

This weekend we are enjoying a "staycation", enjoying a relaxing weekend with no garden/yard work.  We are simply enjoying each other!  We are going on bike rides, swimming, visiting Grandma and Grandpa for a bit, having wiener roasts....kind of like life at the lake...without all the stress of packing/unpacking.  We know it is the closest we will come to a vacation this summer so we're playing hard!  :)


Kathy said...

so glad to hear you guys are taking some time to just enjoy each other and do some fun things...wish you didn't have to do all the canning/picking/etc and could just focus on Jackson. Praying that he will sleep through the night and adjust quickly. hugs

Paige said...

I have been waiting for an update. It always takes time to recover from this trip and a long time to adjust as a family. I can relate to the sleep thing... Lilah was the same way and it just took time.