Monday, October 15, 2012

Clinging To Phillipians 4:6-7

 
 
 
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.  If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:6-7
 
 
My life continues to be crazy.  It's not that I'm overly busy.  It's all the "other" stuff.  It feels as though we have a cloud hovering over us.  At times we see glimpses of sunshine. But the next moment it's cloudy again.  Every single day I find myself literally crawling into God's arms for comfort, strength and peace.  It is how I fall asleep at night.  It is how I make it through another day. Each day becomes a little easier, and I learn to give more to God. 
 
I am no longer worrying about finances.  It is still a concern, but I have come to the conclusion that the same God that cares for the birds will certainly care for all our needs.  I've believed and known this all my life, but being the human being that I am...it is a lesson I need to learn over and over again.
 
I've said it before, and it is still true.  Every single time we reach out to offer an orphan the love of a family, the opportunity to hear about God...satan attacks with a vengeance.  I'm not sure if we're the only ones who experience this, but it is a reality.  Some would say I'm depressed...and I would have to agree.  However, I do not think this is a depression that can be cured/fixed/helped by medications.  The only cure is to have God fight my battles for me.  Would you join us in praying that the hands of satan would be bound?  That our family would be freed from this spiritual attack...that we would be strong in Christ...that we would lean on each other and not take our frustrations out on those we love the most.
 
For us, the adoption journey is a very lonely one.  So to have you praying for us...well...it means the world to us!  Thanks!
 
I had uploaded these photos and forgotten about them.  My girls love to play dress up.  What a beautiful reminder to me of all I have been blessed with!  It makes all the struggles worth it!
 

 
 



  And some day, I will confidently say:
 
Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to get along happily whether I have much or little (I think it means more that just finances and stuff.  I think it also means the mountain tops and the valleys).  I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything.  I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little.  For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need!
Philippians 4:11-13
 
 
PS:  For those of you that visit here and don't leave a comment...I would love to "meet" you...hear from you...it would bless my heart.

6 comments:

Chantel said...

The first photo is just gorgeous! Love it.

And I totally get what you are talking about, totally, totally. I have found adoption to be a fairly lonely journey locally but I have made so many encouraging friends online through it.

May you be blessed with the Lord's peace Marie.

Patrick and Christina said...

Marie,

Adoption is lonely and I totally get it! I also get that as we gear up for some good work in the kingdom that it seems we come under attack. We are dealing with some pre-adoption struggles here too that just don't seem necessary but for whatever reason we have to walk through them...at least it is not alone.

Praying for peace for you. We are gearing up to travel next month and yes I will post an update soon...simply swamped both at home and at work.

Mom Of Many said...

To my Canada friend -

Just had to stop by and say "hi". {As close as we could get for coffee at this point!}...Did you know my mom was born in Canada and most her side of the family live in Canada...spread from Niagara Falls, Toronto, Kenora, BC, Surrey, Winnepeg, and so on....

Your family is beautiful...all your smiles light up the page! May God bless you abundantly!

Your friend in Phoenix where it is warm almost all the time! Love, Linny

Paige said...

Marie... I am praying for you. Let me know if you need anything! I think most adoptive parents can relate to the loneliness. It is (next to finances) the thing I hear of the most and I find this very sad. God may have a plan for you through these experiences! Adoption can be so hard. How do people do it without God in their lives?!

Marie said...

Thank you all! We can certainly feel your prayers and support.
Chantel...my online friends are where I find the most support. We should get together this week. I'll message you.
Christina...so excited for you! Can't wait to see him in your arms! One of these days you, Chantel and I will have to all get together...
Linny...nice to have you stop by, even if we couldn't have coffee. lol. Be sure to let us know if you ever head out this way. And yes, I am envious of your warm Arizona weather!
Paige...God is our stronghold. I would literally be in a mental institution without him. If you could pray about the topic I mentioned the other day when I pm you, that would be great. I know God has a plan through all of this...it's the being certain of which route to take that is scary. We're thinking of some major changes in our life and are waiting for clear direction from God.
Thanks all again!

yellowgirl said...

hi- found your blog from linny's most recent...i'm a transplanted canadian from the prairies- manitoba, sask, and alberta...good to connect!