Saturday, October 20, 2012

Orphan Sunday Coming Up

Orphan Sunday is rapidly approaching.  It's only 2 weeks away and as usual, I did not get around to preparing as I had planned.  Here is the link to 40 days of prayer from Orphan Sunday's website.  I realize we don't have 40 days of prayer left, but non the less we can still pray.  Would you join me in praying every day in the next two weeks?  Thanks!

http://www.pearpod.com/oc/downloads/40DaysofPrayer.pdf

PS:  Could you also pray for me as I advocate for Orphan Sunday?  I've been contacting the churches in our area, asking them to participate to bring awareness to the world's orphan crisis, adoption, and foster care.  I am totally going out of my comfort zone and get very nervous every single time I contact someone.  Please pray that our churches would be open to this idea, that the community's eyes would be opened and their hearts softened, and that we as a body of believers would take action...in whatever way we can/are led.  Thanks!

3 comments:

Paige said...

I am glad to hear you are advocating! It is difficult to call around, and amazing how most churches don't want to talk about this subject, even though it is very clearly layed out in the Bible.

I am praying.

Marie said...

Thanks a bunch Paige! It is so hard. It will be interesting to see how many actually participate.

Mom Of Many said...

I had to pop in and thank you for your sweet prayers/comments on our Place Called Simplicity today. You are a blessing.

Your family is beautiful and no doubt, you are abundantly blessed. Bless you my friend!

From Phoenix, Linny