Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We had the usual meal with my family and invited Martin's folks for supper yesterday...I am stuffed, but still have room for left overs! I absolutely LOVE all food!

 My brother Andrew flew in on Saturday and will be staying with us for a week.  We love having him here...visiting, playing Settlers of Catan, and laughing.  So thankful to be able to spend time with him!

We spent Saturday at Harvest For Kids, where the world record was broken.  249 combines participated in harvesting 230 acres in 6 mins.  What an amazing event to witness!  I will share more later...

This year as we went around the table saying what we are thankful for, one statement really stuck out.  Malia said, "I'm thankful that I have a family!"  It sort of took me by surprise and I wasn't sure what to make of it at first.  I am amazed that she really understands even though she says she does not remember anything about China.  Sometimes we underestimate how much she understands...

This year I am thankful for all the usual things...God, family, provisions, etc.  But most of all I am thankful that each and every day I can fall into God's arms and have Him carry me through each difficult moment.  It is a wonderful, safe place to be!

1 comment:

Chantel said...

I love this Marie! I can't wait until we can go around our table and have kids input on this. I love what Malia said, so sweet. I am sure that makes all the hurdles worth it!