Monday, September 15, 2014

Anne of Green Gables Museum, Village of Avonlea, and More of the Beach

One of the things we really wanted to do while in PEI was cook up some fresh lobster.  We found a lobster truck and had a feast!  I LOVE,LOVE fresh lobster.  One of our boys didn't like it...although I think it had more to do with attitude than anything.  We'll see what he says when he tries oysters!  lol!
 
 
PEI is an amazing place!  Lots of incredible churches that we just had to stop and admire.
 




Rolling hills that often have a view of the water.



And the touristy places that have a quaintness that makes you feel like you could step back in time.  We visited the Anne of Green Gables Museum, which wasn't quite as interesting as Green Gables.  We really wanted to go on a Matthew Cuthbert buggy ride, but they only allowed 5 people on at a time, so decided not to go.  :(
 



The little kids made a bee line to the horses and were disappointed to see the horses had their eyes covered.  So much for having a "conversation" with them!



This is part of the water that flows into the "Lake of Shining Waters".  Beautiful!
 

 
 
 

 We then headed to the Village of Avonlea, that was mostly shut down for the year, but it was still interesting...and they had Moos Ice Cream!







I have no words for this picture....other than...like father like son!  lol!
 





 
We spent part of a day back at the beach.  The water had a completely different "mood" this time.  It was windy and cooler, but the sand was still pleasantly warm.  In some of the pics it looks like I've over edited with too much color saturation...that's not the case...the colors were simply vibrant!

 






 
I loved watching Alex play Frisbee with Jackson, trying to teach him how to throw it.  Jackson tried with all his might, but each time the Frisbee landed 2 feet in front of him.  He was bound and determined to get the Frisbee to Alex...and I managed to capture it on camera!
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The boys had to walk back to the cottage after this outing cause they were completely soaked.  They had a super long shower and I gave one of them heck (I can't mention any names...or so I'm told, but I bet you can figure it out! ;)...to which he replied, "Yah! Well, I had sand in places I didn't know I had!" 
 
 
 
 

No comments: