Friday, September 12, 2014

Berry Barn Outing

My nephew, Dawson arrived at our house at the beginning of July for a short visit.   My Aunt Helen had arrived a few days earlier and stayed for a good week.  Her arrival couldn't have come at a better time.  We were going through a really ridiculous and difficult time and she helped us put things in perspective.  She helped us keep our eyes on the only one that really matters...God.
 
I didn't get a decent picture of Aunt Helen...this is the best picture I could find.  Isn't she beautiful?!?  Inside and out.  Thanks for all you did for us Aunt Helen...especially for insisting we go out and do something special on this day!
 
 
 
  Our first stop was at a local (ish) berry farm.  It was the perfect outing to calm my weary soul and I will always treasure it as one of the wonderful things of the summer of 2014.
 
 
 
 
 
 






I absolutely love these wooden structures!  They had everything from a train to a tractor with a trailer.  I think it's something my sister Kathy should come help me make next summer...hint, hint!



Malia's facial swelling had gone down substantially by this time, but she was still on a soft/mushy food diet.  Her beauty continually blows me away!
 



Our next stop was at a mini golf/bouncy castle place.  The older 3 boys laughed that I suggested such a "childish" outing.  The intent was for the boys to go golfing and the little kids to enjoy the bouncy castles.  However, once they saw the inflated structures, they changed their minds and had a blast!   

 



 

 Some of the structures were huge and not suitable for the littlest kids.  I must admit...I was a bit tempted to join them!

 
Eventually the boys did go mini golfing...or was it drinking slurpees and goofing off?  lol!

 


Blue tongues after having slurpees!  Too funny!

 
 
Ahhh...just posting this and reliving this wonderful day is so good for my heart and mind!  

1 comment:

Marie said...

Next time you're out here we WILL go! And we'll build one of those trains on our new yard!